17 Signs You Eat, Sleep, and Breathe Social Media Marketing
1. You get excited when you cross a certain threshold of likes on your Facebook page.
2. You give yourself a high five when people personally tell you how great one of your social posts was.
3.Coworkers often introduce you to new hires by saying “she (or he) tweets for us.”
4.Yet you know you do way more than just that.
5.You’re not surprised when Facebook announces that they’ve changed their algorithm once again.
6. You take it personally when people say social media does not work for lead generation, or that it’s a waste of time.
7. You’re not too thrilled when a new social network emerges out of nowhere.
8. At times you get overwhelmed by all of the different events, eBooks, and webinars you have to promote and ads you have to run.
9. You can name 5 social media and content influencers in 10 seconds.
10. You call yourself a social media evangelist or social media strategist.
11. You rejoice over new targeting features in social ads.
12. An event is a complete #FAIL if the WiFi doesn’t work.
13. You have a bad customer experience and the first thing you do is post about it to your social networks…and tag their company page.
14. You cannot stand it when people pronounce “memes” as “me-mes.”
15. If you had a dollar for every time you heard the term “engagement” or “buzz” you’d be rich.
16. You anticipate this reaction when explaining what you do to your family and friends.
17. But it doesn’t matter, because at the end of the day you love your job and you can prove that your efforts drive revenue.