Live Blog DF12: Ignite Your Content Marketing Success Using Infographics, Memes, and Videos
Every year I look forward to Dreamforce. Months of planning all culminating into one crazy awesome event connecting us tech geeks to one another from across the globe. Pretty cool. And of course San Francisco is the best place for such a meeting of the minds. This year, Dreamforce boosts an incredible 90,000 registered attendees and the city is bustling with excitement.
Marketo’s debut session this year really touches something that is truly top-of-mind for the marketing professional–visual content marketing, specifically how to “Ignite Your Content Marketing Success Using Infographics, Memes, and Videos”, featuring Maria Pergolino, Sr Director of Marketing at Marketo, and Jason Miller, Social Media Manager at Marketo.
The room is packed for the session and buzzing from excitement. There has been a lot of discussion about the importance of content marketing and how it has begun to shape how B2B companies market to their audiences. Particularly, content has become the food that feeds the social media beast! But what performs best on social media? At Marketo, we have found that our visual content is what really promotes sharing. Whether it is an infographic or a meme, we have had some really impressive successes.
And to add to the fun of this session, we have hired a Visual Note-taker who will be chronicling some of the key takeaways. In fact, we are such believers on visual content, that you can look forward to our Visual Note-taker in each of our sessions sketching out the action as it happens.
Jason kicks off the session with some background information about why visual is important. There is so much content out there that we are drowning in text. We don’t have time to read everything we want information about. So what is the solution? Visual content! In fact, according to a recent study, companies that use visual content in their marketing are 44% more likely to engage their audience.
Maria then jumps in to talk about the different types of content that Marketo uses:
- Comics: Take something serious and turn it into something funny. Also include an offer with the comic.
- Memes: Photo or image with text on top of it that relates to your audience. Your meme doesn’t have to be funny, it could be a quote with your brand image.
- Infographics: Telling an informative story through images–a whitepaper, webinar, or blog post can be turned into an infographic
- Photos: Can humanize your brand, great to show company culture, customer appreciation, and what your company is up to
- Videos: Great for case studies. Also perfect for well-designed videos explaining what you do.
- Visual Note-taking: Great for conferences, it is entertaining, a reminder of the content, and beneficial for online content
Jason also mentions that the keys to visual content marketing success are:
- Creating a compelling story
- Choosing the right content
- Finding the right partners
- Promoting your content strategically
- Focusing on great design and branding
You want to make sure that visual marketing is incorporated into each part of your marketing strategy. As Brian Carter says,”your image is your new headline”. It is your job to engage your viewer.
And take a look at the awesome visual representation from Jason and Maria’s session!
Be sure that you check out our other Dreamforce sessions for the rest of the week! So much great stuff to look forward to. And remember to keep tabs on our blog as we will be live blogging all week.