B2B Marketing To Go: Why Mobile Is Crucial To Your Lead Generation Strategy
In August 2011, more than 72.2 million people accessed social networking sites or blogs on their mobile devices, an increase of 37 percent from the previous year.
Although mobile marketing presents unique challenges, two things are clear — first, mobile has the potential for unmatched reach; and second, it’s here to stay. Check out these facts about mobile and how the channel can work for your B2B marketing:
- Almost 40 million U.S. mobile users (more than half of the mobile social media audience) access social media sites almost every day.
Taking a step away from mobile for a moment, this statistic proves that social media is not just a viable but essential part of any B2B lead generation strategy. If you haven’t integrated social media into your marketing, now’s the time.
- Over 50% of subscribers read a post from an organization, brand or event while on their mobile device.
If all these people are looking for important information from businesses and organizations on the web, these questions beg answers:
- How valuable is the content you create?
- How consistently do you update?
- Do you use feedback from audiences to keep your content relevant?
- Is your content mobile friendly? (The mobile crowd doesn’t have time for content that’s not.)
Mobile considerations will affect not just why you create content but how. Screen sizes, user behavior and device limitations are challenges mobile-minded B2B marketers must tackle.
- The mobile social networking app audience surged 126 percent to 38.5 million.
As the application-friendliness of mobile devices continues to improve, this statistic proves that savvy businesses will lead the competition with apps that create better brand engagement.
- The big three networks (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) increased their mobile audiences by an average of more than 50%.
Need more evidence that social networks are revolutionizing the way we engage as a culture? These mobile numbers prove that social networks have adapted to keep up with our on-the-go lifestyles:
- Facebook’s mobile audience grew to nearly 60 million (up 50%)
- Twitter’s mobile users increased 75% to almost 14 million
- LinkedIn enjoyed a near 70% boost (more than 5.5 million)
Mobile users are not just checking in or posting status updates, they are interacting with brands on a big scale. Take a look at these specifics on mobile social network audiences:
- 53% followed a website link
- 33% accessed coupons
- 27% clicked on advertisements
Mobile and social are a match made in heaven. It’s up to B2B marketers to leverage the best out of the relationship.
If you haven’t had enough mobile stats, we’ll finish with this one. 77% of the world’s population (5.3 billion people) are mobile subscribers. Many are exclusive mobile web users.
While all those people don’t make up your ideal B2B lead profile, we bet a good number of them do. Want to reach them? The answer is: Go Mobile.