5 Free B2B Marketing Tools
Once you have a marketing automation solution in place, there are a host of free or low-cost resources available to provide additional support. Here, we’ve identified 5 absolutely free marketing tools for B2B marketers.
Google Analytics Annotations allow marketers to flag certain events, such as a sudden spike in traffic.
1. Google Analytics
This free marketing tool provides a wealth of insight into how a website is performing. With Analytics, gauge the effectiveness of individual web pages or blog posts based on bounce rate, page views or visits. Plus, determine the most successful sources for sending traffic to your website.
Google is continuously adding new advanced features that can help take your B2B marketing efforts to the next level. Some of the latest advancements include:
• Annotations: Google Analytics now allows you to flag certain events with notes (see image above). For example, you could add the note, “We launched an email campaign today,” to a sudden spike in traffic.
• URL Builder Tool: Analytics now includes a tool to build custom URLs to track the campaign source (i.e., Google, newsletter), campaign medium (i.e., banner, email) or campaign name (i.e., product, promo code)
2. Social Mention
Social Mention is a free marketing tool that provides real-time alerts and analysis of online brand mentions. Set up email alerts to be notified whenever your brand name, executive’s name or even a competitor’s name is mentioned on social sites. Social Mention monitors blogs, microblogs, networking sites, social bookmarks, video sites, new sites and more.
Additional cool features of Social Mention include the ability to:
• Discover the top users who are mentioning your brand name or other keyword
• Gauge the sentiment of a your brand or other keyword – positive, negative or neutral (see image above)
• Determine the most popular words used in conjunction with your brand name or other keyword
This free marketing tool is ideal for managing multiple social media accounts. From one central location, you can keep up with multiple Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace and other social profiles. HootSuite enables you to:
• Shorten URLs for Twitter
• Schedule a message to be sent at a later date
• Send a message to one or multiple accounts simultaneously
• Track in real time how many users clicked on shortened URLs (see image above)
If your organization is participating on Twitter, CoTweet is an essential free tool to add to your marketing mix. This Twitter monitoring website enables you to track brand, competitor or keyword mentions – and respond accordingly.
From CoTweet, you can:
• View Twitter users’ profiles
• Follow or unfollow Twitter users
• Send direct messages through Twitter
Plus, the tool allows you to assign tweets to other users for action (see image above). For example, if a Twitter user inquires about a specific product feature, you could assign the employee who owns that product brand to respond. The employee would be notified via email and in his or her CoTweet inbox.
5. Google AdWords
Only Google could make our list of 5 free marketing tools twice. Google AdWords is an extremely easy-to-use SEO tool keyword research. By entering a keyword or phrase into the tool’s search query, you can determine:
• Competition of the keyword
• Monthly search volume of the keyword
• Related keywords and their search volume and competition
Of course, this list of 5 tools is just the tip of the iceberg. Tell us, what’s your favorite free B2B marketing tool?