25 Must-Read B2B Marketing Blog Posts
Instead of scouring the web in search of the latest insight on B2B marketing tactics and trends, consult our list of 25 must-read B2B marketing posts. Find out what these influential marketing bloggers have to say about B2B social media, landing page optimization, search marketing, marketing ROI, and other B2B marketing techniques.
- Tips on Using Twitter to Boost Your Marketing Efforts – Anything Goes Marketing blogger Chad Horenfeldt shares unique tips in this marketing post on how B2B marketers can take their Twitter efforts to the next level. Ideas revolve around perfecting the use of hash tags, pictures and surveys to maximize results.
- Social Media and Content Discovery: A Growing Relationship – This Marketing Pilgrim blog post by Frank Reed offers insight on how the social web is changing the search engine-centric world, leveraging interesting new research from The Nielsen Group.
- Getting the Best From On-Site Search on Your Website – B2B marketers understand the importance of lead generation, and a user-friendly, intuitive website is one significant part of that. In this marketing post on SEOmozBlog, Rob Ousbey provides tips for improving on-site search functionality to provide an enhanced user experience, such as using search behavior to guide site content and site structure.
- 20 Essential Blog Directories to Submit Your Blog To – Loren Baker’s list of popular blog directories on Search Engine Journal provides a great starting point for acquiring valuable inbound links – particularly for B2B marketers new to blogging.
- 3 Principles of Effective Communication – In this ProBlogger post, Darren Rowse shares insight on the 3 things B2B marketers must do in order to communicate with customers: Give them a message, make them care and give them a way to remember it.
- The #1 Conversation Killer in Your Copy (And How to Beat It) – Is there a breakdown in your lead nurturing process? Discover what makes your customers almost buy in this must-read marketing post from CopyBlogger writer Sonia Simone. Learn how to reduce your risk of customers turning away at the last minute.
- Keep Moving Forward: Turn Defeat Into Victory – The next time you experience a setback in your marketing efforts – whether from a mistake or some other failure – put these tips from Marketing Profs Daily Fix blogger Paul Williams to practice.
- A 100-Percent Guarantee For Social Media Success – In this short, to-the-point marketing post on Social Media Explorer, blogger Jason Falls offer the one key to ensure social media success. It’s much simpler than you might think.
- 50 Content Ideas That Create Buzz – Rely on this tip list from ConversationAgent blogger Valeria Maltoni to make your content get read and get shared, including incorporating visual elements and writing something unexpected.
- Online SEO Tools – The Ultimate Collection – Search Engine Journal blogger Ann Smarty reveals the most useful online SEO tools that are web-based and free. The marketing post includes backlink analyzing tools, keyword research tools, domain name tools and search-related tools.
- Ten Tips for Writing a Blog Post – If you plan to launch a company blog, you won’t want to miss these 10 blog writing tips from Darren Rowse in this classic ProBlogger post. Learn to write snappy headlines, effectively link to other posts and web pages, and successfully use keywords.
- Recent Twitter Statistics – In this Social Media Marketing Blog post from Scott Monty, find some interesting analysis on the latest Twitter numbers from Pew Internet. Discover which demographic groups are Tweeting, including their education, age and income.
- 43 Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid – You’ve likely seen countless lists of the 5 or 10 most common web design mistakes, but Daily Blog Tips blogger Daniel Scocco ups the ante by offering 43. The tips are both easy to understand and easy to implement for B2B marketers.
- 10 SEO Questions – In an effort to clear up common misconceptions regarding effective SEO, SEO by the Sea blogger Bill Slawski provides answers to 10 common questions in this marketing post. B2B marketers can leverage these insightful answers when justifying their own search marketing efforts.
- How to Increase Your Blog Subscription Rate by 254% – CopyBlogger writer Willy Franzen provides some helpful hints on increasing blog subscriptions, including ensuring potential subscribers understand what it means to subscribe.
- 10 Steps to Help You Become a Social Media Ninja – Econsultancy Digital Marketing Blog writer Jake Hird puts a fun and unique spin on maximizing social media efforts in this post. Learn to approach the social web with agility, precision and stealth – just a ninja would.
- Social Media: The Need for Measurement – Just like every other form of marketing, social media marketing must demonstrate value and be accountable as well. This SEOBook marketing post offers 7 useful ways to measure the success of social media efforts.
- Writing Your Best PPC Ads – This SearchCowboys blog post by guest blogger Kate Morris offers best practices for identifying the most effective keywords, writing ad text to grab readers’ attention and using dynamic keywords to increase click-through rates.
- Get Your Link Building Requests Answered – Inbound links are a necessary and vital part of improving search rankings, but from achieving responses from link requests isn’t always easy. Dream Systems Media Blog writer Mat Siltala relies on his experience – and the experience of several other SEO experts – to provide tips for overcoming the link building block.
- 7 Simple Steps for Decoding Website Analytics – Google Analytics provides a wealth of data for B2B marketers, but it can be difficult to know where to begin to uncover trends. This Search Engine Journal marketing post by Joanna Butler simplifies the process with tips that apply to Google Analytics as well as many other web analytics software.
- 30+ Principles to a Better Landing Page Design – This Landing Page Optimization blog post presents the essential elements to keep in mind when designing or optimizing a landing page, including knowing your visitors, choosing effective graphics and delivering a consistent message.
- The SEM Toolbox: 79 Tools and Tips Every Search Marketer Must Have – In order for search efforts to be effective, you need the right tools for the job. SEO Contrarian blogger Ari Ozick provides no less than 79 tools and tips for B2B marketers engaging in search marketing, including backup tools, backlink discovery tools, link management tools and competitive research tools.
- 10 Reasons Why Journalists Will Write About Your Website – Discover how journalists search and what exactly they’re looking for in this Linking Matters blog post by Ken McGaffin. Start maximizing publicity and media coverage for your company with these helpful tips.
- Is Choosing Search Engines Over Users a Fatal Flaw in SEO? – It’s a common question for many B2B marketers engaging in search, and this Search Engine Land post by Jill Whalen provides the answers.
- Be Proactive With Your Reputation Management – This VerticalMeasures blog post shares tips and best practices for B2B marketers to proactively manage their corporate reputation by utilizing 16 different social media and listing sites.
What B2B marketing posts have you found interesting and useful?