Recently I was interviewed by content marketing expert and co-author of Content Rules C.C. Chapman on his Content Conversations cinchcast. Content Conversations is a series of one-on-one discussions with today’s top content marketers that digs into content marketing strategies, best practices, and pitfalls to avoid. In the following episode I chat with C.C about taking content marketing to the next level. Listen in as we discuss the following:
- How buyers are now educating themselves through numerous resources and content allows you to draw special attention to your brand.
- Awesome content leads to brand awareness, if people like what you’re putting out there it is very likely they will want to share it with their friends.
- Content can help with brand preference. If someone is choosing between two companies that provide similar services and finds that they enjoy content from one of them, it is likely that they will choose that company.
- Buyers trust companies that have higher Google rankings and your content can help get you up there.
- Different content needs to be used at each stage of the buying cycle. At Marketo, we use early, middle and late stage content. If someone isn’t ready to buy your product today, they’re probably not ready for a demo.
- The explosion of visual content and the importance of creating your content visually.
For more Content Conversations with C.C. Chapman check out his channel on Cinchcast.