Google Plus has garnered more than 40 million users since launching in June. Earlier this week the much anticipated Google+ pages for business was released. Setting up your business page is quick and easy to do. If you don’t have a Google+ profile, start by creating one. Keep in mind that admins at this time are not transferable so it’s a good idea to create the page using a generic Gmail account.
While we can all be sure that Google has some innovatively game changing features on the horizon, here are five things you should know about Google+ Business Pages out of the box.
- With the Direct Connect function you can now search Google.com using the “+” prefix to search for an existing Google+ page. For example, a search query of +Amazon takes you directly to the Amazon Google+ page. Users will also be prompted to automatically add Pages they find through Direct Connect to their circles. This feature is beginning to roll out and may not work for every page.
- Businesses can now create custom circles. This is a great opportunity to create a group of premium customers and post special updates and exclusive offers.
- The Hangout feature allows for live group chats with webcam support. This is a great tool for product feedback or a quick online focus group for marketing ideas. Think of it as office hours for your business.
- Only the business can post to the page. This limits engagement but will keep your content in full view while customers are checking out your new Page.
- Soon it will be possible to link your Business Page to your AdWords campaigns for your site. Doing so will aggregate all of your +1s from your Page, website, ads and search results to a single result.
This is just the tip of the iceberg for Google+ as they venture into Facebook fan page territory. To keep up to date on the latest news, you can add the Google+ Your Business page to your circles. While you’re at it, we would be truly flattered if you also added the official Marketo Google+ page to your circles as well.